Friday, December 02, 2011

Art Journal - 30 Days: Days 20-24

It's been a few days...we've been busy finishing up Thanksgiving leftovers and getting back into our routine around here!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

So by now, our 30 days of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's 30 Days In Your Journal workshop is over.  (insert very sad face here)  What a fabulous 30 days it was.  I'm playing catch-up with my posts (and in my journal, as I skipped a few of the last days due to the holiday).  If you really want to get in the practice of playing in your art journal every single day, I really encourage you to give Julie's class a try.  I wouldn't say it's heavy on technique like some other classes I've taken - if you're looking for something with a ton of new techniques, I can recommend some other classes - but this class is more about helping you get in the practice of "showing up" every day in your journal - even when you don't feel like it (and trust me, there were days I didn't feel like it). 

This spread is a prime example of not feeling like it.  If you'll notice, my first entry is the 20th, and the next is the 23rd.  I had a really hard time getting going on this page.  And some of my journaling is about exactly that - my frustration with myself, my "missing mojo," etc.  I think we all go through periods like this, when we just don't feel like creating - and it's especially bad when there are deadlines to meet.  My fellow classmates and I had a great discussion on the private class message board about how we deal with this issue, and there were some great suggestions made as to how to deal with it.


But...eventually, I made it through the page - and in the end, I love how it turned out.  There's something to be said for pushing through the frustration and continuing to "just show up" in your journal.

Personally, I was able to clean and organize my entire studio while my mojo was missing!  LOL  

What about you?  What do YOU do when you don't feel like creating?  Do you try a different project?  Do you, like me, start sorting and organizing your supplies, hoping to find some inspiration in a long-forgotten supply?  Do you leave the studio altogether and go do something else?  

Leave me a comment letting me know what YOU do to find your mojo when it goes missing - I'd love to hear!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...