Monday, September 25, 2006

Apple Pie














Well, here it is - my masterpiece...LOL! Actually, I have to say, it turned out to be quite delicious, and the crust was beautiful - like my leaves? I did cheat and used store-bought crust, then cut itout with a cookie cutter to make the leaves. But the insides were my own recipe - apples, lemon juice, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, a blend of Splenda and brown sugar, and cornstarch. My only mistake was that I should have used more apples; they cooked down so much that the pie was a little skinny after it cooled. I actually had more apples, but I was so tired of peeling and slicing them that I quit too soon. I used McIntosh apples - wow were they good! I ate my pie with some cheddar cheese melted on top and some cream poured over it, as recommended by a friend - mmm! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...