Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Children's Artist Tote

I've been wanting to figure out how to make an artist tote with carrying handles for a while now. I've seen a few online in various places that I liked, though none that were just exactly what I wanted. I saw one pattern for purchase, but didn't want to spend money on a pattern when I was pretty sure I could figure it out on my own if I just sat down and really thought about it for long enough. So I finally sat down at my desk with my notebook in hand, looking at a tutorial for a regular crayon roll, and eventually figured out what I needed to do.

This particular one was a birthday gift for one wild-animal loving little boy who turned 4 recently. We weren't able to make it to his party, thanks to my recent health issues, but I was glad to finally be able to give him his gift yesterday, and was relieved to see that he loved it and immediately started drawing! Hopefully he will continue to use the pencils only for drawing and not as a weapon against his toddler-sister!! Hee hee. (I wonder why I would ever think of such a thing...that would NEVER happen in my house!)

I made the pockets taller, for colored pencils, but it would be easy enough to adjust the pocket height to accommodate crayons instead of pencils. I used elastic and a covered button for the closure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...