Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Team Pink x 2!!!!!

We had a quick little ultrasound on Monday to measure my cervix (check for signs of preterm labor), and the tech was able to get a peek at Baby A's parts. Actually, you couldn't HELP but get a peek - SHE was straddling my cervix with her legs wide open! Yep, a second girl! I am not at all surprised, as that's what I've been convinced we were having from the beginning. We have no way of knowing whether they're identical or fraternal at this point; since they have separate sacs and placentas, there is only a 25% chance they are identical, though. At this point, we won't know until they're born, and even then, sometimes the only way to tell is by genetic testing.

So now we have to come up with a second girl name....any ideas, anyone???? I don't want to be calling them "Mackenzie and Baby A" for too long!

We also met with the perinatologist, who said my mesasurements are good, with no sign of preterm labor....which means no bedrest yet! Yay! And I gained one pound in the last 3 weeks, which is still not quite what they originally wanted, but at least I'm gaining now...the nausea meds are working.

I remember after my miscarriage last year, thinking, "What if that was my baby girl?? And if I never get another chance?" I guess the Lord heard my cries, because now He's doubly blessing me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...