Monday, October 29, 2007

Today's appointment - cervical changes

I had an appt with the perinatologist today. Unfortunately, my cervix has shortened considerably. Normal is 3-5 cm, and my last measurement was 3.5 cm relaxed and 3.15 cm during a contraction. Today it measured 2.74 cm, which means that these contractions I've been having are starting to effect change in my cervix - not a good thing. It's not critical yet - they get really concerned when it's under 2.5 cm. I have woken up during the night several times lately in the midst of a painful contraction, but they haven't persisted in a pattern, so I haven't gone to the hospital. But now I need to pay a little closer attention to them.

My blood sugars have also been on the rise again, so I'm back on insulin - long-acting at bedtime, and short-acting before breakfast. I'm starting to make up for lost time on the weight gain issue - up 3.5 lbs in 2 weeks - yikes!!! But the doc and dietician weren't concerned - didn't even comment on it - probably since that still only puts me at 8 lbs for the whole pregnancy so far.

I'm continuing to have issues with cramping throughout my body, and the peri did feel my potassium was a little low, so agreed with me taking a potassium supplement.

The painful nerves have still been bothering me, but I'm just trying to take it a day at a time and waiting to get my new prescription from my OB next Monday. I'm supposed to get a call about the pain management and neurology referrals in 7-10 days.

I guess that's about all for now. Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and support. Tomorrow is 26 weeks - yay!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Every day gets you closer and closer to a healthy delivery.....hang in there!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...