Thursday, March 13, 2008

Surgery tomorrow

It's been a busy week! I think we stayed home Monday...can't really remember that far back b/c my brain is mush. Tuesday I had my pre-op appointment at the hospital; took all three kids with me, and my friend Arleen met us there to help with the kids while I did my registration and such. Then she followed us over to the lab and kept two of the kids in the waiting room while I took one baby with me in to get my blood work done. It all went pretty well - the worst part was that both babies screamed the entire way home - 1/2 hour - and it totally stressed both me and Anthony out!!

And since Tuesday went so well, I decided to try again and took all three with me yesterday to my breastfeeding support group. That, too, went remarkably well once we got there. Getting everyone out of the house and loaded is a bit stressful. But once there, Anthony was so good - played quietly and didn't whine at all, and the lactation consultant fed Mackenzie her bottle while I nursed Makayla. It was nice to visit with my new friends!!

Ready for the weigh-ins?? Makayla, the little porker, weighs 10 lbs, 1 oz!!! Mackenzie, slow but steady, weighs 5 lbs, 12 oz...do you think maybe next week will be the week we finally hit 6 lbs???!!! I am convinced Makayla wants to be double Mackenzie's size!!

So tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. for my 7:00 a.m. surgery. They say I'll get to go home around 9, though I'm wondering if my body is so sleep-deprived that they may have a hard time waking me up once they've got me knocked out!!! Darrell's staying home with the kids; one friend is taking me to the hospital and another is picking me up to bring me home. Anyways, keep me in your prayers that everything goes smoothly!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, Oh how I remember those outings. They don't get any easier. What surgery are you having? I hope everything goes well. Now that I know how to get on your blog I really enjoy it. I also read about Karen. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Love ya lots, Aunt Mary Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny....How are you and all the babies doing? Just wanted you to know that I am now able to read your blogg.

Think of you often...
Will be praying for you as you have your surgery tomorrow.

Love ya
Jo Ann

Karen said...

We'll be praying that everything goes well.....and that maybe being way under for an hour or two will feel like you got a full night's sleep??? Hey we can pray, right? :)

Anonymous said...

We will pray for you. I hope Karen is right about the feeling of 1 or 2 nights sleep. That would be so nice! Hope all goes well! Keep us updated.
Darcy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...