Thursday, December 06, 2007

Stick a fork in me....I'm done...

Aaahhhh, my nightly ritual of which I'm becoming SO fond....take my meds around 8:00 (including an Ambien, which you would THINK would help this process along, but not so much these days), go to bed with Darrell and Anthony, spend an hour or so getting Anthony to go to sleep while Darrell falls asleep before his head hits the pillow, and then...

About 10:00, get back up, pee a few times, lay back down, listen to Darrell's CPAP machine make annoying noises, roll over (a 10-minute process in and of itself) several times....wait a while, get up again b/c my stomach is now growling...

Eat something (lately it's been Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's) - the only time of day my body seems to handle the carbs well enough...drink some milk...

Lay back down, get up to pee, toss and turn some more, figure out if I should be timing these annoying Braxton-Hicks contractions...

Finally get back up, resigned to the fact that I'm never going to sleep again in my life and go to the living room to play solitaire on my laptop.

Then I usually finally fall asleep around 1:00 a.m. - usually I've moved back to my bed by this point and have relocated Anthony from my spot to his toddler bed; still get up several more times to pee and/or take meds for contractions, finally get up for the day around 7:30 or 8:00.

Fortunately, my mom is here to take care of Anthony, so the one luxury I have is that around 10:00 a.m., when I'm completely exhausted from not sleeping at night, I'm able to lay down and get a couple hours of sleep. I suppose my OB would say this is my body's way of prepping me for when the babies get here - but really, doesn't it make more sense that you should go into this newborn-stage fully rested???

I feel huge, though everyone tells me I'm not, and I've still only gained 11-12 lbs since the beginning. Nonetheless, I have 2 kids squishing everything in my innards, making everything difficult.

I'm feeling pretty much DONE and can't wait for the pregnancy part to be over. That said, I am praising God that I've made it this far - 31 weeks, 3 days - and I honestly do hope they stay in the cooker at least another couple weeks. The less time they have to spend in the NICU, the better! BUT, come Christmas Day, when I hit 34 weeks, I'm gonna be praying they come out! I can't even begin to imagine the misery of having to stay pregnant until my actual due date of Feb 5!!!!

I did have 2 doctor's appointments this week. The one with the peri was my final cervical measurement. My cervix had shortened by over a centimeter, down to 1.75 cm from 3 cm, but they were not concerned, as this is pretty much expected at this stage of the pregnancy. I also had an appt with my OB, who was just thrilled at how great I'm doing and that I've made it this far. She was SO thrilled, in fact, that she gave me permission to go to the salon for a haircut - so tomorrow morning, mom and I have joint appointments to get our hair done at the Aveda salon. Aaahhhh...I truly can't wait!!! My first non-medical outing in months!!

AND, not only do I have that to look forward to, but our baby shower is this Sunday afternoon - yay!!! I get to be a normal pregnant woman for a few hours. Last time, with Anthony, I had already delivered by the time I had my shower...so it will be fun to still be pregnant this time around! I don't even care if anyone brings gifts - I'm just so thrilled to be getting out of the house and spending an afternoon with friends and family!!!!

I will continue to have weekly dr. appts, including another growth ultrasound on the 17th (if I haven't delivered by then!). My OB said I will also be starting Non-Stress Tests soon (where they monitor the babies' heartrates, activity, and contractions for a period of time). At my last u/s, Mackenzie was still breech, so it's continuing to look like I'll probably have a c-section.

OHHHH - big news - Baby A is much closer to having a name!! Darrell has narrowed the list down to 3 names - I'm not sharing them yet, but we will let you know when a final decision has been reached!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...