Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stuff I've made

I've been in a bit of a crafty madness lately and can't stop...but I just realized there were a couple projects I never showed you.

The first is a little tutu and magic wand that I made for the 3-year old daughter of one of my best friends. They were a birthday gift, and were really fun to make. The tutu was quite easy - tie the strips of tulle and ribbon around the waistband of elastic...it's really that simple.

The magic wand was an idea I got from my Simply Handmade magazine, and I loved how it turned out. I actually inked the stick with Stampin' Up! classic ink first, then coated it with glue and glitter, and then covered it with Mod Podge to keep the glitter from falling off.

I also made a doll-sized coordinating tutu for my friend's little girl, as she has MANY little babies who will need to be adorned with this tutu!!

The second project was just a little teacher appreciation gift I made for Mackenzie's Early Intervention teacher, Ms. Susan, back during Teacher Appreciation Week. It's another project idea I got from Simply Handmade Magazine (I'm telling you - you just HAVE to get that magazine - it rocks!!). You start with an empty (obviously), cleaned out (I would hope!), plastic snack-sized fruit cup. You trace the top of it onto the wrong side of patterned cardstock, then cut it out with pinking shears to give it a pinked edge...this becomes your lid. Then you just decorate the container with flowers and ribbon, decorate the lid however you like, fill the container with something yummy (I chose chocolate covered espresso beans), and then use glue dots to attach the lid to the container. Very easy and very cute! And Susan LOVED it!

3 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

Taylor loves, loves, loves her tutu! Thank you soooo much for making it for her; a gift I know she'll enjoy for years to come!

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I love anything that uses Mod Podge - especially cute things :D

Amy
http://modpodgerocks.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Your creations are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...