Welcome to the Art-Full Horizons
Jolly Jumpstart Blog Hop!
Check out all of the fabulous holiday-themed projects, gift ideas, and more from our wonderful Blog Hop Contributors from around the world!!
- Art-Full Horizons http://art-fullhorizons.
- Tammy Inman http://tammyi.com
- Nan Paturzo http://scrappynan.blogspot.com
- Robyn Weatherspoon http://herebygrace.typepad.
- Mykle Parker http://scrapbohemia.blogspot.
- Sherry Mendoza http://sherryscreations.
- Robin Redd http://robinredd.typepad.com/west_coast_scrapper/
- April Meeker www.suaviloquy.blogspot.com
- Erin Bassett www.erinbassett.com
- Jennifer Clark http://jenspartyof5.blogspot.
- Jennifer Edwardson http://frommypapercraftstudio.
Here's how it works:
- Hop through each of the blogs listed above to get fabulous holiday inspiration. If you are starting at a blog in the middle of the Hop, please start back at the Art-Full Horizons blog. You should be arriving here from Erin's blog.
- Leave a comment on each blog hop post in the list above between now and November 7, 2010.
- Enter to win our giveaway by doing any of the following. For each thing you do, you will be entered into the drawing one more time:
- Leave a comment on the Art-Full Horizons blog hop post between now and November 7, 2010.
- Join the Art-full Horizons email list (fill out the form in the left hand column on the A-H blog).
- Become a follower of the Art-full Horizons blog! Just click the "Follow" button in the lower right column on the A-H blog.
- "Like" the Art-Full Horizons Facebook Page.
- Join the Art-Full Horizons Facebook Group.
- Share about this Blog Hop on your own blog, posting a link to the Art-full Horizons blog.
- Share about this Blog Hop on Facebook, posting a link to the Art-full Horizons blog.
- Share about this Blog Hop on a message board or forum, posting a link to the Art-full Horizons blog.
- U.S. entries only please
To let us know you've done these things, please return to the first Art-full Horizons Jolly Jumpstart Blog Hop post and leave a comment for each thing you did, i.e. one comment for posting on each blog, another comment for posting on facebook, and another comment for joining our email newsletter. Please note: if you post it all in one comment, it will only count as one entry, so be sure to post EACH ENTRY as a separate comment.
On November 8, 2010 we'll choose the winners using the Random Integer Generator from random.org. U.S. entries only please.
Today, here on Party of Five (and if you stay tuned...we may need to change the name of this blog soon...just sayin'...), I am sharing with you a holiday wall hanging made from a simple, ONE DOLLAR wooden picture frame from Michael's craft store.
Seeing as I finished it VERY late tonight, I didn't get a chance to actually HANG it for you...so sorry for the pics of it just laying down with the ribbon on the table!! But trust me, the ribbon is staple-gunned to the back, and it will hang nicely!!
I started out by using gel medium to cover the front of the frame with some gorgeous Donna Salazar cardstock. I sanded the edges, and then added some Tim Holtz Tidings tissue tape around the outside and inside edges, making sure to push it all down well. I then used distress inks (Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, and Barn Red) to ink around the edges of the frame, and used my fingers to add a layer of gel medium over the tissue tape to be sure it stays in place well over time. Next, I covered the two strips of what looked like lace, on the cardstock, with a thin layer of Rock Candy distress stickles. You can see the shimmer over on the left side of the frame. If you can only get ONE color of distress stickles, I guarantee you will never regret going with the Rock Candy!!!
Next, I took a holiday pick and cut a couple things off of it - a small piece of evergreen, and a leaf. I covered the leaf with a copper Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber, and then I used hot glue to attach both pieces to the frame. I cut a tree out of grungepaper, using my Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge. I then ran it through my Sizzix, using my Tim Holtz sheet music embossing folder. I inked it with distress inks, and then applied Peeled Paint distress stickles on it. I attached it to the frame using foam squares.
Next, I made the snowflakes. Because I am using this pieces for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge for this week (you should totally check that out!), I can't explain just how I made the snowflakes. ;) Just know that I used a technique explained by Tim Holtz in his awesome book, A Compendium of Curiosities. I attached the snowflakes in layers, so that they would pop off the frame a little at a time, with the biggest one being popped out the most.
Finally, for the center...I started by simply using the cardboard filler that came in the frame as a foundation. That way I would know for sure that my center would fit perfectly. I covered the back with a scrap piece of coordinating green cardstock. The front, I covered with a piece of vintage Christmas music from a songbook. Then, using the same Cricut cartridge as above, I cut out the word "Joy" from another sheet of Donna Salazar's cardstock, and a shadow from a sheet of coordinating green cardstock. I glued the two together, and glued them to the music, then replaced the center into the frame. I used a staple gun to attach a length of dark red, 7/8" wide grosgrain ribbon to the frame so it can be hung, and I was finished!
I hope you've enjoyed today's holiday inspiration! I know that I am going to pick up a few more of these dollar frames the next time I am at Michaels, because this was a fun project!!
Remember that you have through November 7 to complete the Jolly Jumpstart blog hop.
***Additionally...here at Party of Five, I will also be having a giveaway at the end of the week!! I will be posting throughout the week, from now through November 7, various posts about holiday projects, recipes, traditions, and memories. On November 8, I will choose TWO winners of surprise grab bags filled with goodies to get you in the holiday spirit. How do you enter? Several ways! You will get one entry for each comment you leave (one per Jolly Jumpstart blog post). You will get another entry by becoming a follower of my blog (if you are already following, just let me know) and leaving a comment letting me know you are following. You can get another entry by posting about this project on YOUR blog, and leaving me a comment with a link to your blog. Make sure you check back on November 8 to see if YOU are a winner!!***
Thank you for participating!! Comments are now disabled, and winners will be announced soon!!