Friday, January 07, 2011

One Little Word 2011

Ali Edwards, an awesome person and awesome creative soul, has, for several years, led a challenge to pick a word - just one word - at the beginning of each new year, to be your "one little word" for the year.  That one word that speaks to where you are, to what your goals are, to where you want to see yourself for the year.  I love this idea.  Ali is hosting a class on Big Picture Classes this year, which will give prompts throughout the year, and by the end of the year, you will have created an entire album centered around your "one little word."  I haven't enrolled in the class yet ($$), but would love to, and encourage any of you who can, to do so.  But even if you can't, I still encourage you to choose a word, and follow Ali's blog - as she also gives prompts on her blog periodically to remind you to check in with your word and think about where you are with respect to staying with your word.


So what's MY one little word for 2011?


BELIEVE

I didn't have to think long for this word to come to me.  I have had so many new opportunities opening up to me, and have starting taking some new risks...and to be honest, some of them are a little scary.  But I am choosing to believe.  To believe in myself.  To believe in the talent that the Lord has given me.  To believe in the promises He has made to me.  To believe in my dreams.  To believe that I have something unique and important and special to offer.  To believe that what I have to say (or write or CREATE) is worthwhile and worth sharing.  Yes, my word is believe.

What's YOUR word?  And why?

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

Did you see my blog post yesterday? My word is organization and I'm sure you know why! Check out my post!
http://acraftymomslife.blogspot.com/2011/01/one-word-2011.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...