Sunday, February 27, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities #33 and Simon Says Stamp & Show


The challenge this week for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge over at Studio L3 is Altered Metal Using Alcohol Inks, and the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp & Show is to show some Stripes...so I created this 6x6 layout demonstrating BOTH.  (And it wasn't just a happy accident for once - this time it was actually intentional!!)  

While I can't give the details on how I did the actual metal technique, I can tell you what I did prior to altering the metal.  I had a plain sheet of aluminum, which I first embossed using the notebook texture fade - to get the "stripes" look. Then I die-cut it with the Tattered Florals die.  



There are stripes all over the place - on the metal, on the cardstock sticker strip, on the piece of patterned paper itself, on the little cardstock note...I love how subtle some of them are.

The stamp set I used on the layout is called "Art & Soul," by Unity Stamps.  It's designed by Marah Johnson, and IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!  I cannot say enough how unbelievably gorgeous it is!  Every stamp I used here is from the set - from the flourishes, to the bird and butterfly, to the quote.  I even stamped the bird in chalk ink on a sheet of PolyShrink and created the tiny bird charm you see - isn't it just adorable?!  I'll be doing a full review of Unity Stamps soon on Craft Test Dummies, so keep a look out for it!


Have a great week - and be sure to "nurture YOUR creative spirit"!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! What a great piece! Love those flowers! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! I love those colorful, stripe-y flowers-- they're so festive and pretty. The background is lovely, too. You combined the challenged perfectly into a really lovely work of art!

Love that tiny shrink plastic bird charm!!!

Fiona said...

Hi Jen,
I love the design but the flowers are gorgeous!!!!!
Have a nice week!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...