Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Light a candle

And I will light a candle for you,
to shatter all the darkness,
and bless the little time we knew.
Like a beacon in the night,
the flame will burn and lead us on our way.

Oh,

today, I light a candle for you.

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. At 7:00 p.m., in each time zone around the world, women from every culture and country lit candles in honor of the tiniest ones they have loved and lost. Most of you know that I had a miscarriage nearly 2 years ago, which devastated me. Even though I obviously now have two beautiful little miracles and I could not be more thankful or more blessed, nothing will ever replace the child I lost, and I do believe that when I one day reach heaven's gates, I will get to finally meet my fourth little one.

Keira, an amazing triplet mommy, is a grieving mother whose blog I visit regularly. One of her 25-weeker triplets, precious Zoe, lost her battle in February of this year. Keira and her family will be holding a candle-lighting ceremony this Saturday, October 18, in honor of Zoe and so many other babies, both born and unborn, who've gone to heaven too soon. If you would like Keira to light a candle for a little one you've lost, just send her an email with the information.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...