Friday, October 03, 2008

Sanctuary



Welcome, company girls!! Grab a cup and have a seat! We don't have any big plans for the weekend...whew! After a tiring couple weeks, maybe some down-time is what we need around here!!

This week, Rachel Anne had us thinking about a mission statement for our homes. I still haven't written it out...(you can read my last post for an overview of my week), but I have pondered it a lot. I want our home to be a true sanctuary, a place of safety and refuge for our family; a place where our children will always know love and acceptance, discipline and forgiveness; a place where friends can come to find fellowship, a shoulder, a smile, good food, laughter, kleenex...whatever they need. I want our home to not be a museum, untouchable, but to be organized and functional, comforting, welcoming, and lived-in. I want it to be a place where creativity is nurtured and encouraged, where learning is fun, and where contentment is found in the simple things. I want the joy of the Lord to not be stifled by the things in our house. I want our home to be a true sanctuary.

If you would like more ideas about creating sanctuary, head on over to Home Sanctuary and check out Rachel Anne's wonderful ideas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Looks like you wrote out your mission statement just fine right here on your post.

I love that you want your home to be a sanctuary for your own family as well as for anyone else who needs a "safe" place.

.:Heather:. said...

Love it! :-)

Ryder Royalty said...

perfect Jen! My thoughts and wishes put into wonderful words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...