Monday, October 18, 2010

She Dreams card - generation stamping technique


This is the second card I made for the second week of the Holiday Thinking Inking class on 2 Peas.  I really LOVED the card Jennifer made in her video - you can see it here, along with the instructions for this technique.  I, however, don't have a tree in my stamp collection that would work for this technique (note to self - get one!).  So it took me a minute to figure out what I was going to do for this challenge...and then I remembered my bird from this Donna Downey set.  I knew they would be perfect.  I also knew this quote would be perfect; it's from a different Donna Downey set.  It reads, "She pursued big dreams instead of small realities."  LOVE THAT!  


I won't go through the entire technique, since I linked to the PDF with the instructions above.  I will tell you that I used Spiced Marmalade distress ink for my birds, and since I didn't have any purple distress ink yet, I used another dye-based purple ink with a water-brush to do the water-coloring around the birds.  I used a Stampin' Up! script background stamp (probably retired by now) over the birds and purple background.  I layered the stamped/painted piece on a gorgeous piece of patterned cardstock from the K&Co Que Sera Sera paper pad, and then onto a vanilla-colored card.  I wrapped linen thread around the card front several times before tying it off and adding a Tim Holtz philosophy tag to finish it off.


My fingers have been very inky lately.  What about yours?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...