Friday, October 29, 2010

Works in Progress

I've been feeling bad since Tuesday that I haven't had any finished projects to show you, but it's because I have SO many things on my plate right now...I feel like my "to do" list just keeps growing, and I have multiple projects in the works.  Just to give you an idea of some of what my "to do" list looks like...

  • Custom-ordered nursing cover
  • Custom-ordered doll slings (2)
  • Custom-ordered painted onesie and matching older girl t-shirts (2)
  • Custom ordered baby monogrammed and fabric-photo gift set
  • Custom-ordered canvas painting
  • Custom-ordered children's art aprons (4)
  • CCC #19 (due by Sunday)
  • Finish photos and writing tutorial for the Art-Full Horizons Jolly Jumpstart blog hop
  • November Monthly Mailer for All Things Tim Yahoo Group 
  • Christmas pennant banner swap for All Things Tim Yahoo Group (11 pennants)
Mind you, those are just my crafty to-do list items - never mind all of my homeschooling obligations, bible study, household, wifely, and parenting obligations (all of which come first, of course!).  

Additionally, my sister Karen is hosting a Christmas boutique in her home (New Hampshire) on November 20, so I'm supposed to be making some things to send to her (more of the paper and altered-art variety, as she'll cover the sewing/fabric side) to sell.  I've gotten lots of new goodies in - some Tim Holtz stamps, Alterations dies and embossing folders, and fun Glimmer Mists - to play with and create lots of fun decorations with (as well as those gorgeous music papers I posted last week...wouldn't YOU love to get your hands on something special made with those?!).  Finally, our little business, Ciao Sorella, is participating in a Thanksgiving weekend online boutique, during which we'll be offering FREE SHIPPING the entire weekend (starting Black Friday - more info on this to come)...so I need to be making things to stock the store!  

Whew!  Deep breath!  All of this...and I'm really hoping - crossing my fingers, really - to earn a spot on my very first design team soon!!  I would love to take my crafting to the next level, and I think this is the way to do it.  But I am determined NOT to let any of this to take the joy out of crafting for me...right now, I am LOVING all of the creative endeavors I am undertaking, and I will not let anything change that.  Otherwise, it has lost its purpose in my life, as far as I am concerned.

Anyway...here are a few pics of some things I've been working on (PLEASE forgive the quality of the pics...they are mostly cell phone pics, and my cell phone - NOT an Iphone by any stretch of the imagination - does NOT take good pics!).


Can you say ROSETTES?!


How cool is this freezer-paper butterfly surrounded by homemade glimmer mist?!

Okay, I promise there will be COMPLETED projects very soon!!  And make SURE you come by on Monday for the Art-full Horizons Jolly Jumpstart blog hop - lots of talented artists will be posting great holiday ideas, tutorials, and projects to get your creative juices flowing so YOU can start getting ready for the holidays!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...