Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Deposition and Work Changes

Today was my deposition - thank God is it over! Everyone's prayers helped a lot, because I really felt confident and, for the most part, calm, most of the day. I did battle nerves this morning on the way, although even then, I knew the Lord was with me and I did have peace in my heart. By near lunch time, my patience was running a little thin and I felt myself becoming frustrated with the child's attorney's questions. But after lunch, thankfully, he only had another 40 minutes or so of questions. Then it was the father's turn to ask questions. I know it was a God-thing, because he fumbled all over himself and could barely put together a coherent question. After a while of struggling to try to question me, he finally just gave up, and we were done shortly after 3 p.m. What a load off my shoulders! One of my attorneys told me afterwards that I had done great and that he hadn't had a better witness in over a year! That made me feel good, and I know it was because I was not alone in there! Thank you everyone who prayed for me!

I'm kind of bummed out about work this evening, though. Two of my favorite co-workers are both leaving; one's last week is next week, the other is leaving at the end of October. I work well with both of them, but more than that, I have become friends with them and will miss them both. It's interesting how people come into our lives at certain times.

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I know that God sends people into our lives to teach us things, bless us, meet our needs, open our eyes to things, etc. Both of my co-workers have a lot of wisdom, are great to talk with, are great communicators, and I just genuinely enjoy being around them. From one of them, I have been reminded to let go of regret, forgive myself, live each day to the fullest, and to quiet myself more often. He has also reminded me to be more honest with myself, procrastinate less (HUGE for me!) and to rely on God for strength. From the other, I have been reminded of how important relationships are, how much I need to stop and spend quiet time in prayer, and how refreshed I can feel after being with other women who share my faith. I am thankful for them having touched my life and for their friendship, and hopefully that will continue, but I know that often doesn't happen when people go their own ways.

Anthony has been talking up a storm tonight. I was sitting on the couch, and he climbed up there on my lap, just jibber-jabbering away. I couldn't understand any of what he was saying, but he was carrying on a full conversation. Oh so cute! I'll try to take some photos in the next few days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...