Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mom and Dad's night out

Darrell and I got out last night, for what seems like the first time in quite a while. Actually, it may have been the first time since his birthday in August, so it has been almost 2 months, I guess. We actually hadn't planned it, but it was so gorgeous outside, nice and cool, and I was in a party mood, so I called Dan and Gloria, who were happy to babysit. We dropped Anthony off at their house around 7:15, complete with jammies and an Elmo video (we even included a movie for Dan and Gloria to watch after Anthony went to sleep).

Then we went down to The River and had sushi at Maki Maki. Did you catch that? My husband ate sushi!!!!! Oh my gosh! Old dogs CAN learn new tricks! He let me order everything, and he actually liked it!

Then we went to the theater and saw the new movie, Departed. It was so good! I highly recommend it. It's about the Irish mob in Boston, and it has Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and Leonardo Dicaprio in it. They were all great. It was long, over two hours, but went fast and so worth it.

I haven't been to the movie theater at The River for quite some time, and I was shocked by the swarms of teeny boppers there. Oh my gosh, one day my son is going to be a teenager! It kind of freaked me out! I'm scared to think about ever having a little girl!

We got back to Dan and Gloria's at about 12:20 a.m. Anthony was sound asleep on the living room floor. Dan and Gloria reported having had a great time with him. He was so busy chasing their dog Julio around that he didn't even watch his Elmo video.

Gloria and I were planning to go hiking this morning, but my legs had gotten really sore over night from running on the treadmill the night before last, and I woke up all night with cramps in my lower legs. I figured hiking probably wasn't the best idea this morning, although I do want to get outside and enjoy the cool weather. I cooked breakfast, but still haven't had my coffee - might need to go meet Deanna at the coffee shop!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...