Thursday, April 09, 2009

A birthday party

A couple weeks ago, we went to a 1st birthday party for my friend Kristi's sweet baby girl. Her 3 kiddos and my 3 kiddos spend a LOT of time together, and I had so much fun making this picture frame with a cute photo of our babies together. That particular day, the babies were all looking out the slider because the 3 older kids were playing outside...I think they were sure they were missing out on something!

This picture frame started as a brick-red wooden frame. Using acrylic craft paint, I painted the frame white. I then decoupaged patterned paper onto the frame using Mod Podge. I covered a the chipboard vine in glittered cardstock, and used Mod Podge to attach it to the frame. The "sweet" and the flourish in the lower left corner were chipboard stickers. The stickers and paper/cardstock are all by DCWV.

I used Adope Photoshop CS2 to make the photo black and white, add the brushes to the corners, and add the text.

Abby wasn't quite sure what to think of the cake!

I love this pic of daddy and Mackenzie.

Makayla cracked me up trying to go up and down off the patio onto the grass. The dress she's wearing was one of my recent consignment sale finds - brand new for $3!!

Anthony didn't really care about the party - he just wanted to play!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...