Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shake it, baby!

Tuesday afternoon, I was avoiding housework bored and wanted to do something just a little crafty, but that wouldn't take too much time. I had these two 12-oz soda bottles which I had saved from a recent retreat I went on, thinking they were the perfect size for little hands. The girls LOVE anything that shakes and makes noise.

I filled one with rice and one with elbow macaroni noodles. I used super-glue to attach the lids permanently. (Note to self - do NOT leave super glue in the reach of a 4-year old when doing said activity.)

I used a hot glue gun (which I did not leave in the reach of my 4-year old...hey, I'm not THAT dense!) to attach a piece of fabric, the edges of which I had used pinking shears on. Finally, I hot-glued a strip of coordinating felt around the fabric-covered lid.

The kiddos knew just what to do with the shakers! (Don't mind Mackenzie's fancy 'do...we had a jamma day today, complete with no hairstyling!!)

2 comments:

joannabug said...

What a cute idea!

Crafty Mom said...

Very cute! I made bottles like that when Taylor was around 9 months, but I filled them with water, added some food coloring, some pom poms, glitter, sequins and other tiny treasures. She loved moving the bottle around to reveal all the treasures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...