Monday, November 27, 2006

First day back

Well, today was my first day back at work, after having been off for 2 weeks. It was not easy, but I survived. Things were pretty slow while I was gone, apparently, so I didn't get slammed with a lot of new patients, which was very nice. I was able to see a few patients, then spend some time getting my paperwork organized so I don't feel so frazzled and scattered. I have great co-workers who are very supportive, but sometimes it's almost harder when everyone keeps coming up and asking how you're doing. I mostly answered "I'm hanging in there," which is true, because I didn't want to lie and say "I'm fine" or "I'm good," yet I didn't want to fall apart either! I was exhausted after only a few hours, though, and I forget that my body hasn't completely recovered yet. I'll be glad when I get clearance from the doctor to start exercising again - walking in the mornings was really helping my energy level, and the Pilates was helping my back pain. I have my appointment with him on Wednesday, so hopefully he'll give me the green light.

I made a CD yesterday of songs about loss and grief. I included the song my sister gave us. It's really amazing how comforting music can be when it says exactly what you feel deep in your soul. I decided to make an extra copy to include in the scrapbook layout I will eventually make about the miscarriage.

Anthony's getting tired and cranky - time for bed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...