Thursday, November 16, 2006

Update

I had my surgery last night. The anesthesiologist did a great job - I stayed asleep throughout the procedure (a normal expectation, but I have woken up twice in my life while under anesthesia), I woke up fairly easily afterwards (without cussing anyone out - again, history), and did not puke (a minor miracle in and of itself). The best part is that the surgery worked - I am having much less pain now, and the bleeding has slowed significantly. I am groggy today, and still cramping mildly, but it is nothing compared to the pain I had yesterday.

The hardest part physically now is that I am not supposed to lift anything heavier than 8 pounds for 2 entire weeks. That means I can't even lift Anthony to put him in the car, so I won't be able to take him to and from daycare the week after Thanksgiving, which will put a lot of strain on Darrell, as his work schedule is much more hectic than mine. And Anthony doesn't understand why mommy can't lift him up onto the bed when he wants to get up with me, which breaks my heart.

The doctor gave me the okay to fly tomorrow, as long as the bleeding is not too heavy, which it's not. Thank goodness for that! We need this trip more than ever right now. It will be so great just to get away and relax with family.

Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and support. Pray for safe and stress-free travelling tomorrow. Our flight leaves from Ontario at a bright 6:40 a.m., so we have to leave the house between 3 and 3:30 a.m. Ugh!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...