Saturday, November 25, 2006

Glory Baby

Tonight I'm having a rough time, feeling very sad. I've been listening to some music and reading some reflections from other women about miscarriage. I know that I just have to go through this grief, that it's the only way to get to the other side of this, if there is such a thing, but sometimes I get tired of blowing my nose. It's amazing how quickly the body can heal itself, yet how slowly the heart heals. When we were in St. Louis, my sister Karen gave us a homemade CD, and on the cover is some scripture, Psalm 139, which talks about how we were knit together in our mother's wombs. She told me the CD had only one song on it, and that it might make us cry. I just finally got up the nerve to listen to it, and of course, it's making me cry. Here are the lyrics:

Glory Baby, you slipped away
As fast as we could say "baby, baby"
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us, baby, baby

Heaven will hold you before we do,
Heaven will keep you safe
Until we're home with you
Until we're home with you

Chorus:
We miss you everyday, miss you in every way
But we know there's a day when we will hold you, we will hold you
And you'll kiss our tears away, when we're home to stay
We can't wait for the day when we will see you, we will see you
But baby, let sweet Jesus hold you, until mom and dad can hold you
You'll just have heaven before we do
You'll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little baby, it's hard to understand it
Cause we are hurting, we are hurting
But there is healing, and we know we are stronger people
Through the growing, and in knowing

All things work together for our good
And God works his purposes
Just like he said he would
Just like he said he would

Chorus

I can't imagine Heaven's lullabies
And what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing
Heaven is your home
And it's all you'll ever know, all you'll ever know

Chorus

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...