Tuesday, November 28, 2006

We need a bigger bed

I don't know how well these photos really portray this...but I'll try to explain. Last night, Anthony woke up around midnight, crying hysterically. Darrell went to his room, got him and brought him to our bed, which we commonly do to get him back to sleep. Usually it only takes a few minutes to get him back to sleep, then he is transferred back to his own bed. Occasionally, he ends up staying in our bed, if we both fall asleep or if it's close to morning.

But last night, it took a while to get him to stop crying, and then when he would go back to sleep, he would wake up again within 10 or 15 minutes, crying again. After close to an hour of this, Darrell finally got up and took him to the living room, where they stayed on the couch for the next 3 hours. At one point, around 3 a.m., I did get up and offer to switch, so Darrell could get some sleep, but he sent me back to bed. When he did finally get back to bed, around 4 a.m., he brought Anthony to our bed. At some point closing in on 5 a.m., I began feeling like I was going to fall off the bed. I noted that Anthony was inching over onto my side of the bed (which is only a Queen sized bed). I couldn't sleep, so I got up.

Within 20 minutes of me being out of the bed, this was the picture - Anthony laying fully sideways at the head of the bed, with his feet pushing against Darrell's head/neck.





While co-sleeping worked quite well for breastfeeding, I would encourage those of you yet to have children to GET THEM OUT OF YOUR BED before they become toddlers!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi- This is Karen's friend, Kristin. I could so relate when I saw these pics. Danny is 4 and we finally told him he was not allowed to come into our bed at night anymore. Now he comes in and asks Daddy to sleep with him in his bed:) Also, I don't know if you have heard it but check out the song Held by Natalie Grant. I thought of you and all you are going through when I heard it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...