Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dare I blog about this??

I'm not normally a superstitious type. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th, after all, and nothing bad happened. At least, not on that day...other birthdays have held not so fortunate surprises...like my 10th, when my dad broke his leg roller skating and had to have surgery, or my 23rd, when my apartment got broken into, or my 32nd, when I had a miscarriage. But I digress...I'm not typically superstitious. And yet, I'm a bit timid about blogging about this, and am tempted to start knocking on some heavy duty wood before doing so!!!

Two nights ago, a miracle happened in our house. I got to sleep for 4 hours, uninterrupted. Why? Because my darling Makayla, my "I need to eat every 2 to 3 hours or I'm going to starve to death" adorable baby girl, slept for 11.5 hours straight!! Of course, this scared the you know what out of me, since we are STILL without an apnea monitor (thank you, very much, Apria and Kaiser, for your astonishing customer service and commitment to the safety and health of my 8 month old high risk infant!), and I woke up at 4:30 a.m. in a panic, certain she had stopped breathing and I would find her lifeless. I laid in my bed praying and getting up the courage to go check on her for several minutes before I finally forced myself to go look, and there she was, just as peaceful and ALIVE as could be, sleeping soundly. I had put her to bed at 7:30 p.m. She woke up at 6:00 a.m., nursed, and went back to sleep, and slept for 2 more hours.

I was not holding my breath in hopes of a repeat performance, because this is, after all, Makayla, who LOVES to eat!

Last night, I put her to bed at 7:15 p.m., and when I was headed to bed at about 11:25 p.m., I went in to check on the girls. Makayla wasn't quite awake, but was stirring, and not wanting to just lay my head on the pillow to hear her cry, I went ahead and got her up and nursed her. And the next thing I knew...it was 6:00 this morning and Darrell was bringing her to me in bed!! Which means - I got 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep - for the first time in...I don't know - like maybe a year, at least, since I never slept well while I was pregnant?!

Could it be real???? I can hardly wrap my mind around the idea of having all 3 of my children sleeping through the night! Anthony didn't sleep through the night until he was, what, like 3 years old??? Mackenzie, of course, has been sleeping through the night practically since she was born - even when she wasn't SUPPOSED to sleep through the night!! Anyway, I'm still not holding my breath that this will continue, but I am thankful for a couple nights' reprieve!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...