Friday, August 22, 2008

Wanna learn sign language??

As we've been dealing with Mackenzie's apparent inability to hear, I've started to research what's available "out there." I remembered that when Anthony was a baby, I used to watch a show on PBS called, "Signing Time," and I did some baby signs with him. Nothing major...just basics...milk, more, eat, all done, please, thank you, i'm sorry, strawberry, banana, etc. Anyway, I set up the DVR the other night to start recording and saving EVERY episode of "Signing Time" that comes on. So far there are 3 episodes recorded...and I am loving them!! I forgot how fun Rachel makes them, and how catchy the tunes are!! Anthony is loving them too, and asks me so many times a day to watch it that today I actually used it as an incentive to get him to not whine at naptime!! (tee hee hee) They also have a great website, including message boards. Also, Mackenzie's Early Intervention teacher is going to email me a website that has a tool where you can put in any word, and you can get a video demonstration of the sign for that word...very cool!!

I can't believe that in 2 weeks and 3 days, her lip will be repaired!!! It seems like we've been waiting for this for so long, and now that it's almost here, I'm so nervous. I think she's just perfect the way she is, she's so beautiful and precious...I can't imagine her any other way. I don't know what I have more butterflies about - the anesthesia, how her face is going to look, what the results of the hearing test will be, how the recovery from the surgery will be...so many things! And yet, I know that He who sees all and knows all and is the Great Healer is holding her in His hands, and that no amount of worrying on my part will accomplish a single thing (other than to give me a stomach ache and a migraine)!!

1 comment:

.:Heather:. said...

I know I told you my sis is fluent in ASL. She taught Sage (and me!) the basics.

I'm excited for M's surgery! It's going to go great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...