Monday, November 17, 2008

34 years and counting

Last Thursday, the 13th, was my 34th birthday...hard to believe! On Tuesday, my friend Deanna came out and spent the day with me. She made me the CUTEST set of wooden blocks, covered in pretty papers and embellishments. They are lovely!! There are some blank sides for me to put pictures on, and I had the perfect spot for them on top of the bookshelf in my craft room.

While she was here, she wanted me to teach her how to sew...or at least, introduce her to sewing, so she could decide if it was something she wanted to pursue. It didn't take long for her to add a sewing machine to her Christmas wish list!! She had brought some of her daughter Taylor's old flannel baby blankets with her, and we whipped up a quick little blanket for Taylor's dolls. It turned out sweet, don't you think?

My birthday gift from my awesome hubby was a complete surprise. If you recall, when he got me the sewing machine back in August, he told me that was my birthday gift. So I was quite thrilled when he came home Thursday with a sewing machine cabinet!! Thus far, my machine has been sitting in the corner on my main desk in my craft room, but this will work out so much better!!

My mom sent me a gift card to Starbucks (yum - I had my first peppermint mocha of the season on Sunday) and to Fabric Depot. I ordered some fun flannel from Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom line to make myself some pajama pants - can't wait!! My friend Gloria sent a gift card to Jo-Ann's, and Anthony and I had fun shopping after church yesterday...I got several little odds and ends, including a very cool little glue pad I'll be playing with in the near future. You can use stamps with it to stamp an image in glue, then sprinkle glitter over it!! Fun!

Anyway, it was a nice birthday. Saturday, Darrell let me go to the house of a woman who used to work in his unit in Indio, who lives not too far from us now, for some scrapbooking/card-making time. I made some great Christmas cards - I'll post them later. It was a lot of fun, and I fell in love with a new Cricut cartridge - Wild Card. If you get just one Cricut cartridge - THIS needs to be it!!! Wow. Seriously. Wow.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!

2 comments:

Mama Parker said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the sewing cabinet. Good job, Darrell!

Those blocks are so cute! I recognize some of those papers!

Sally said...

wonderful gifts! Glad you had a good day...and got to get out on Sat. for some personal time, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...