Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lavender drawer sachets

Today we went to a wedding shower for my niece, Chaleena, and her fiance, Andy. We had gotten them a baking pan set from their registry, and then I made her a hostess apron from the other half of the skirt I used to make my sister's apron.

Then as the final part of their gift, I decided to make some lavender drawer sachets. They were incredibly simple to make - I didn't even use a pattern or tutorial - and took me very little time. The aroma was heavenly as I was filling them! I used an old die-cut cardstock tag from my scrapbooking stash and simply hand-wrote on it, and free-hand drew what is supposed to be some lavender...my drawing skills leave much to be desired, I realize! ;) I tied them all together with some twine, and they make a lovely gift!

I plan to make some more of these for Christmas gifts, and I will try to put together a quick little tutorial for you all. By the way, I ordered the lavender from San Francisco Herb Company...it was quite reasonably priced, at $7.15/lb., although they do have a $30 order minimum. They have a HUGE selection of herbs, essential oils, fragrance oils, spices...lots of good things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a whole yard full of lavender if you would like to come and cut some for drying! These plants have been growing for about 10 years! Cute idea, I put lavender in my blanket storage box and they smell so good when I pull them out for winter...

.:Heather:. said...

Such a great idea! :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...