Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Two years ago today

To the baby we lost...

Because of you, I am a better mama today.

Because of you, I hug my kiddos a little bit tighter and a little bit longer.

Because of you, I take more time out to enjoy the ordinary miracles every day.

Because of you, I take less for granted.

Because of you, I have two beautiful, precious daughters that would not otherwise be here.

Because of you, I am a more compassionate friend.

Because of you, I have a gentler spirit.

Because of you, I am more sensitive to others' hurting hearts.

Because of you, I have some precious friends in my life who might not otherwise have crossed my path.

Because of you, I share a knowing with other mamas who've experienced the same brokenness of this loss.

Because of you, I live more in gratitude and less in want.

Because of you, I know what it means to lean not on my own understanding.

Because of you, I know it is truth that His ways are not my ways, and that His plan is perfect.

Because of you, I know that His grace is sufficient, in every circumstance and in every need.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

That's beautiful. Thank you for telling me about this post. I just reached the one month mark on Monday. It's so hard...

Anonymous said...

To both Jen and Melissa,

I am so sorry for the loss you each have gone through. My first little one would have been 2 years and about 10 months old now if she had lived. Even though the pain has lessened over time, I still miss her. Jen, thank you for the beautiful poem.

Hugs to you both...

barbara said...

What a beautiful message. It takes me back to a precious memory...

Mrs. Doodle said...

Beautiful. I admire your strength and your words. I can't imagine and as a mother my heart goes out to every woman that has had to feel this pain. I will be sure to kiss my little one a little more and appreciate life's little joys more every day.

rainbowmummy said...

I have never lost a baby so I can not understand how you feel. BUT I do want to say that your writing was beautiful and powerful, I am sure/ and I hope that many people will get great streangth from reading this.

x

keira said...

Beautifully said Jen. When I write about Zoe I tend to ramble. But you encapsulated much of what I feel as well as where I hope to be in this horrendous grief process. I like to think our angels have found eachother in Heaven and purposely allowed our paths to cross.

Nicole said...

Thank you for sharing.
I am so sorry about the child that you lost. I know what that feels like. I know personally that each of those sentences are very true. I suffered through three pregnancy losses last year, the darkest year of my life. And although it greatly tested my faith, it also ultimately made me a better person, a better Christian, and a better mom.

.:Heather:. said...

Thank you for sharing this. I will remember your baby today. Hugs and love.

Roy, Kristi, Hannah, Bethany and Abigail said...

Wonderful Jen! God truly does use all things for good to those that love Him...even the loss of a baby! Love you friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...