Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Two years ago today

To the baby we lost...

Because of you, I am a better mama today.

Because of you, I hug my kiddos a little bit tighter and a little bit longer.

Because of you, I take more time out to enjoy the ordinary miracles every day.

Because of you, I take less for granted.

Because of you, I have two beautiful, precious daughters that would not otherwise be here.

Because of you, I am a more compassionate friend.

Because of you, I have a gentler spirit.

Because of you, I am more sensitive to others' hurting hearts.

Because of you, I have some precious friends in my life who might not otherwise have crossed my path.

Because of you, I share a knowing with other mamas who've experienced the same brokenness of this loss.

Because of you, I live more in gratitude and less in want.

Because of you, I know what it means to lean not on my own understanding.

Because of you, I know it is truth that His ways are not my ways, and that His plan is perfect.

Because of you, I know that His grace is sufficient, in every circumstance and in every need.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

That's beautiful. Thank you for telling me about this post. I just reached the one month mark on Monday. It's so hard...

Anonymous said...

To both Jen and Melissa,

I am so sorry for the loss you each have gone through. My first little one would have been 2 years and about 10 months old now if she had lived. Even though the pain has lessened over time, I still miss her. Jen, thank you for the beautiful poem.

Hugs to you both...

burb said...

What a beautiful message. It takes me back to a precious memory...

cnydalynn said...

Beautiful. I admire your strength and your words. I can't imagine and as a mother my heart goes out to every woman that has had to feel this pain. I will be sure to kiss my little one a little more and appreciate life's little joys more every day.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

I have never lost a baby so I can not understand how you feel. BUT I do want to say that your writing was beautiful and powerful, I am sure/ and I hope that many people will get great streangth from reading this.

x

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said Jen. When I write about Zoe I tend to ramble. But you encapsulated much of what I feel as well as where I hope to be in this horrendous grief process. I like to think our angels have found eachother in Heaven and purposely allowed our paths to cross.

Nicole said...

Thank you for sharing.
I am so sorry about the child that you lost. I know what that feels like. I know personally that each of those sentences are very true. I suffered through three pregnancy losses last year, the darkest year of my life. And although it greatly tested my faith, it also ultimately made me a better person, a better Christian, and a better mom.

.:Heather:. said...

Thank you for sharing this. I will remember your baby today. Hugs and love.

Ryder Royalty said...

Wonderful Jen! God truly does use all things for good to those that love Him...even the loss of a baby! Love you friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...