Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Party at Makayla's crib...2 a.m.!!

*yawn*

Oh, excuse me...it's been a long couple of nights in our house!! First off, the snot monster is making a return visit...or really, he never completely left...at any rate, Makayla's all snotty again. And now I've managed to catch it - I've got that lovely "my head might explode at any minute" sinus headache thing going on...only slightly more bothersome than the "now I'm dizzy and can't lean over too far either direction or I might end up on the floor because I took some cold medicine" feeling.

Two nights ago, Makayla actually slept all the way through the night - pretty unusual - she usually wakes up at least once or twice to nurse. Mackenzie, on the other hand, who normally sleeps for about 12 hours straight, decided to pick up the slack for her sister, and woke up crying at about 2:30 a.m. and ended up in bed with us, refusing to go back to sleep for at least an hour. She did finally go back to sleep - in our bed, where she remained for the night.

Then last night, it was Makayla's turn. 11:30 p.m. I was *just* about asleep - you know, that place where you're blissfully unaware of anything and just about to completly doze off into the sweet darkness...when Darrell rudely awakened me by handing me a wide-awake curly headed munchkin. I nursed her, took her back to her bed, started the process of trying to fall asleep again, and...REPEAT an hour later, once again *just* as I was about to fall off the cliff into a nice deep sleep. Ugh. Nursed her again. Took her back to her bed. Went back to my bed.

Forty-five minutes later, she's crying. Again. I thought, "Maybe she's being thrown off by me nursing her in my bed - usually I nurse her in the rocking chair in her room." So I tried that. She nursed for all of 2 minutes, I put her in her crib - let the screaming begin. But it wasn't "I'm hungry," or "I'm hurting," or anything like that. It was very much, "I'm mad, and I want to play, right now!" I didn't want her to wake up Mackenzie, and I don't like to let her cry, so I got her back out and sat in the rocker, thinking maybe I could rock her to sleep. Not. So. Much. She much preferred to play games - drop the binky on the floor and make mom pick it up, try to put the binky in mom's mouth, give mom big sloppy wide-open mouthed kisses so she can't possibly be mad about this 2:00 a.m. crib party...you get the picture!

I played along for about 20 minutes, and when it became clear that she was not going to let me rock her to sleep, I finally put her back in her crib, gave her the binky and blanket, put her music on, and walked out. She cried. She got mad. I think she threw her binky on the floor. But two minutes later, she was asleep. I know it was TWO minutes, because I watched the clock, praying the whole time that Mackenzie would not wake up and that Makayla would calm down and go to sleep!! Mack didn't, and Mak did. And I finally, finally, got to go to sleep.

*yawn*

3 comments:

.:Heather:. said...

Awww, sorry for the rough night!

May tonight be better!

Allison said...

Poor friend! Hope you can get some sleep tonight! Naughty Makayla!

cnydalynn said...

I read this and laughed... I have to attend the crib party my daughter decides to "throw" in the wee hours. My thoughts are always doesn't she know she is suppose to be in sleepytown... doesn't she know that. Uh. I know she knows I will give in. So there I go... she puts the wet paci in my mouth, says bye, ball, baby over and over, and my favorite party - feeling every party of my face in the dark. Fingers up the nose. in the eyes. pulling my hair. Good time. Good times.

And how great is it that the hubby can usually be heard snoring in the other room while you are at this said party! Great times.

I hope things are better soon and the snot monster leaves.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...