Monday, September 24, 2007

21 Week Appointment

We had our 21 week appt today with the regular OB. Both babies' heartbeats sounded good. Baby A is still sitting low on my bladder (aahhh....that's special), and Baby B is sitting up high, smooshing my stomach (ouch). The best of both worlds!! (All you prior preggos will feel my pain!) I've been having a lot of pelvic bone pain, which the OB said is perfectly normal (though not perfectly comfortable).

Oh! Last night, for the first time, I was able to feel one of the babies kick my hand! That was so cool! I've been feeling flutters for almost 11 weeks now, but because one of the placentas is anterior (on the front of my uterus), I haven't felt any really strong kicks and hadn't been able to feel anything from the outside. The placenta acts like a pillow, absorbing the blows. But they were very active last night, and I got to feel one little thump against my hand! Couldn't tell which baby it was because of where it was - could have been either of them. There's a lot of hands and feet swimming around in there!

We have thoroughly enjoyed the cooler weather for the past week, though it is now starting to warm back up. But it was so awesome to be able to have our windows open all day over the weekend. Anthony has been spending more time playing with his sand table on the back patio, and has enjoyed watching the hummingbirds at the feeder.

Next Tuesday is our next ultrasound, including fetal echocardiograms on the babies to check their hearts. I promise I won't leave the office without the pictures this time, so I should be able to post some new pics then. We'll see what the doc has to say about my blood sugars - have still been having some high ones, even on the insulin. Of course, the two days last week when they were high after breakfast and then crashed about 100 points in under an hour were really special too...the one day, the only warning I had was that I started shaking uncontrollably. Even my voice was trembling. I could hardly even hold a cup to drink some juice!! It was pretty scary. The last few days, I've figured out my snack timing a little better to avoid the crash.

Ok, I guess that's all for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the autumn weather!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...