Thursday, September 25, 2008

Applique fun!

I decided to go ahead and try the apple applique idea, to coordinate with the skirt. I printed off an apple clip-art from a teacher website, then cut it out. I traced it onto the back of my fabric, using a water-soluble fabric pencil and cut it out. I didn't have any fusible webbing, just steam-a-seam, so I cut strips of that and applied them to the back of the cut-out fabric apple. I ironed it onto the onesie. I then used the zig-zag stitch on my machine to stitch all around the apple. It's harder than it looks, and my applique is WAY less than perfect. I'm certain that after a wash or two, it will probably start to fray, because there are parts where I didn't quite get the applique under the stitching. Oh well...the first time is all about learning, right? But...I still like how it turned out. And besides...how long will it really fit them, anyway?!

Oh, and how sweet is this? Carla, from You Can Make This, read my post earlier about the mishap with the pants I was trying to make, and she sent me her e-book for Easy Fit Pants (for children and their dolls) free of charge! How nice is that?! I can't wait to try her pattern!!

2 comments:

Mama Parker said...

Is there anything you can't do?!? =)

burb said...

Very cute! You'll be a pro after a couple more!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...