Monday, September 29, 2008

You've been slimed!

What do you get when you mix borax, glue, water, and food coloring? Slime! I got the idea from my friend, Deanna, and the recipe here. I only had about half of a 4-oz bottle of glue, so I had to adjust the recipe, but we still got a decent amount of slime to play with. At first, Anthony (my mess and texture-challenged kiddo!!) wasn't sure what to think of it and said he didn't like it. But he has subsequently warmed up to it, and is now sitting at his desk making impressions in the slime with one of his toy cars.

It is a really cool consistency...it will form a ball in your hands, which you can roll around and play with, squeeze, form into shapes...but then when you let it rest, it starts to ooze all over. When you leave it to rest on the desk, it slowly oozes its way into a flat splat...almost resembling a big splat of thick paint! It cleans up easily, and I love that it doesn't crumble like play-doh.

We had so much fun with it that we decided to schedule a moms group slime play date here in early November...so you'll be seeing slime again in the future!!

3 comments:

.:Heather:. said...

I cannot wait to see Sage's reaction to this! I'm sure she will love it....eventually! ;)

Ryder Royalty said...

i can't wait for this one!

Anonymous said...

Stick a straw into it and blow and see what happens...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...