Monday, September 15, 2008

Cool Blogs!!

As you can see, over on the right, I have quite a long blog roll, and it keeps growing! That's because I continue to find such awesome blogs that I can't stop adding them to my list!! :) Anyway, I wanted to highlight a couple of them for you. You all know that I absolutely heart SimpleMom, so I won't go into her wonderful-ness again.

A new one I've discovered (in fact, I don't think I've even added her to my blog roll yet), is Unplug Your Kids. This is a completely awesome blog from a mom who has three kiddos - 2, 6 and 8, and they have no television and no video games - imagine that! Every week she posts an Unplugged challenge with a different theme - some cool activity to try with your kids. This week's theme is sand...I'm trying to decide if I can scoop up enough sandy dirt from the back yard and call it sand!!

Have you wondered what the "I'm a Company Girl," button is for over there on the right? It's for the blog, Home Sanctuary. Every day (weekdays), she posts a "small thing" that you can do to make your home more of a sanctuary...often they are little things that get unnoticed or overlooked. Things like tidying up the mess of electrical cords behind your computer/t.v. set, or wiping down the washer and dryer. Today's small thing is cleaning the corners of just one room (b/c the corners often get overlooked). Then she gives you points for each day's challenge, which you keep track of yourself, and at the end of the month, she awards prizes - one for the person with the most points, and one for a random drawing from all those who participated that month. Cool, huh?

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!

Hopefully I'll be back later to post some pics from the weekend. But just in case I don't get a chance, let me update you on our girl!! She's doing pretty well. Her appetite still isn't back to normal; she's eating about 2/3 of what she normally eats. She has a hard time going to sleep, and I'm thinking it's b/c her wound itches her. I give her the Atarax, but it doesn't seem to help. She wants to constantly be rubbing her face, with her hands, or when we put the arm splints on her or swaddle her, then she tries to rub her face on the bed, our shirts - whatever she can. And she cries. Actually, she screams. She's developed a new sound to her crying, now that she can hear, I guess...I swear, she's throwing a temper tantrum sometimes!! She has this new high-pitched screeching, furious scream that she's perfected! She's been keeping Makayla awake with her crying, unfortunately! Tomorrow is her follow-up with the plastic surgeon, so we'll see what he has to say. But all in all, she's looking really good, her fever has stayed gone, and she's only a coughing a little bit.

2 comments:

Rachel Anne said...

OK, I am FINALLY getting my blog roll updated (I'm so behind) and was adding your blog today. Imagine my delight to see my name mentioned! Thank you for the kind words and for sending your friends over. I think every person in the world needs the Small Things to participate it! But that's just me.

I found cobwebs behind the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter.

.:Heather:. said...

I can't wait to hear what the plastic surgeon says! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...