Monday, September 29, 2008

Gratitude Wrap...gift for a friend

One of my friends has been going through some really tough times lately, and I've been feeling pretty helpless in not being able to do much for her, especially as we now live an hour apart. She was going to be coming by this morning anyway, so I decided that one thing I COULD do was make something for her to try to bring her a bit of cheer and remind her how much I love her!!

This is a gratitude wrap, which has three pockets in it - one for a small notebook or address book, one for notecards, and one for stamps...to make it easy for you to send thank you notes to all those people in your life whom you need to thank. I used Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market fabric again, and some random natural cotton fabric I had in my stash. The instructions and pattern for the gratitude wrap came from Amanda at SouleMama - which is an awesome blog, by the way, with lots of wonderful ideas. Her book, The Creative Family, is a favorite of mine, too.

I will say that, having never worked with bias tape before, I didn't really much care for the stuff!! It was NOT all that easy to use. Maybe that's just because I'm a beginner, and maybe it gets easier after you've done it a few times. But I had a really hard time going around the curves, in particular.

Other than that, I was pretty happy with how it turned out, and I think my friend really liked the gift. I have a feeling I'll be giving these as gifts a few more times!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

This is super cute, and I'm sure your friend loved it. I have never worked with bias tape, but I have always thought that it looks tricky! This looks like something, though, that I would like to make for Tim's sister that lives in CA. She writes lots of cards and notes.

Sally said...

I forgot to ask, did you buy this fabric at a store or online?

Ryder Royalty said...

so cute jen!

Kammy said...

I LOVE bias tape! As you use it more I am sure you will too! It is so worth the pain for the nice clean edges!!! I am making burp cloths for my preggo friends right now :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...