Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post-Op Appointment

Mackenzie had her post-op appointment with Dr. Kiran, the plastic surgeon, today. He said her lip looks great and is healing well. But other than that, it was kind of a pointless trip, b/c her scab hadn't fallen off yet, so he couldn't do the other things he wanted to do...snip the ends of any stitches that haven't dissolved, take a look at how the scar is coming out, etc. So we have to go back next Tuesday again. Ugh. Of course, this evening - her scab fell off. Figures.

My new friend Kristi (yes, from the moms group extraordinaire!!) came over and watched Anthony and Makayla for me so I didn't have to drag them along today. I should clarify, just so you understand what a sweet gift this was...she has 3 children of her own, ages 5 months, 2 years, and 4 years. And she brought them all with her. How brave and awesome is she?! The kids were having so much fun playing that they all stayed for a while even after I got back, and we got to hang out. I love it when mommy gets to have adult conversation with another cool mommy!! :)

We actually started the day by going over to the church, as today was the first day of the women's bible study. We are studying 1 Corinthians, which I am excited about. It was rather chaotic getting everyone out the door on time, and I even got up at 6:30 a.m., but I guess it will take some practice to get the routine down!! I'm not used to having to be anywhere at 9:00!! Thankfully, it takes 2 minutes, 3 minutes max, to get to the church from our house...yay!!

Hoping our household can get back on a nice routine soon...the house is a mess, my cleaning routine is off...I need my sense of order back!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...