Sunday, September 07, 2008

More stress relief!

Sewing is turning out to be great stress relief and helps to keep my mind off surgery and all that!! So last night I traced one of the girls' bibs onto a piece of paper, cut it out, and used it as a pattern to make my own reversible bib...isn't it cute? Great colors for fall! The fabrics are from the Cotton Blossoms line by Moda. I added a layer of fusible fleece in between the fabrics to add some padding and thickness, and I top-stitched around the edges after I turned it right side out (which was the hardest part of the whole project, I might add!), for a nice finished look. I added velcro to the top - I hate bibs that tie!!

So the plan is a bit revised for tomorrow. My sister-in-law Chrissy is going to come to the house around 10:00 a.m. to stay with Makayla and Anthony, so that Darrell can come to the hospital and be there by the time Mackenzie comes out from surgery. That way we'll both be there to hear what the doctors have to say, and we can take turns being with her after the surgery.

5 comments:

Sally said...

That bib is really cute! I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow and saying some prayers. I have jury duty and we aren't allowed to have our phones so I won't be able to text, but I will definitely be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you and your family tomorrow. Please post the updates as soon as you can.
You've done an awesome job with the house and your crafts.
Holly (Heath's sister)

dcarlson said...

The bib is so cute. Nice work. Keep updating us on the projects.

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Sending happy thoughts your way! Keep us updated.
Darcy

Anonymous said...

Hope all is going well with your little one. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the sewing projects - you are VERY VERY talented. I have a hard time with a button. I'm totally impressed.

Heather (Heath's other sister)

.:Heather:. said...

LOVE this!!!!

You are so talented!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...